Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Off Center

For truly if I live a life of central focus, I will live a life of complete depravity. Because I cannot please myself. The emptiness is in me, and by nature if I had the resources to fill it, I should have already done so. What's worse, central focus leads to a life of constant searching to make up for the depravity within. Life experience tells me that.

There is irony in this. If I am focus on my own needs and wants, I will forever be needing and wanting. But if I focus on another and meet their needs, I will be filled. What If I focus on one who is completely needless--in whom all needs are met? I will not only be filled, but as is written, will overflow. The economy of God is not one of supply and demand, but of infinite and eternal abundance.

"I know not what I appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
- Isaac Newton

No comments: