Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Filfthy

I am filfthy. I am an absolute waste of God's time. Telling me I should be clean is pointless. It is even futile to tell me how to get clean. Plainly, I don't want to. I love my sin, and I am comfortable in it. The only motive I have to stop sinning, is to avoid total destruction--or perhaps pride, but I can lie to myself enough to get that. That's the way of sin, and I have been getting worse. It all fits neatly into lucifer's little wrinkled hand. Everything in my life tells me, that I am going to Hell.

But I'm not.

I have discovered that where I am is not really important. Yes, there are consequences that I can't shirk off. Such is the law of nature. But where I am is not as important than where I am facing. God's will transcends causality. The prodigal was won the moment he realized that servitude for his father was better than his situation.

Justification doesn't have to be seen or felt or realized by us. Our Father sees and feels and realizes it when he looks at us as we walk over the hill toward His house. Then He runs to us and embraces us and rejoices. Salvation is not gained by earning, or working, or trying, or proving anything. It is gained by walking over that hill. Here, I'll join you. Let's go. <><

No comments: