Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hang on a Second

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/14/132031645/christian-s-death-verdict-spurs-holy-row-in-pakistan

I know. My first reaction was anger, too. But then I realized (or maybe God told me, I don't know) that they don't need our anger. They already have too much of their own. And, as followers of the way, our anger doesn't change anything; it is our love that really changes things. Religion doesn't change anything either. Pakistan is a clear example that religion makes a poor government. They don't need our religion, anyway. They don't need our doctrine, they need our savior. The Way is not a religion, it is a person. It is Jesus.

Don't get me wrong. Fighting is necessary. There are regimes of terror that need to be toppled, but they are regimes of terror against their own populations. They enslave them in doctrine and fear of hell.

No comments: